Friday, May 16, 2008

Winner...Winner...Winner!!!



I would like to thank Bryan Rosenvall for deeming this information "blog worthy" and encouraging me to post it.

Mitch & I frequently make bets and sign contracts with one another. He has been in the hole for quite a while now, and has entered into a contract that he is to pay me by June of 2008 (next month)! With the date getting closer I continue to remind him of his dues, and he continues to try and get out of debt. "Double or nothing," blah, blah, blah... all that is really happening is that I am getting more rich! Here is how it all went down...
March 26, 2007
Mitch owed $2,000, signed a contract to pay, and a third-party also signed the contract.
May 3, 2008
Luke's b-day
Mitch gave him a baseball and wrote on it.
To Lucas, Love Dad
The only problem is that is NOT how you spell his name! It's Lukas. He refused to believe that he mispelled his own son's name, so he said, "double or nothing it is with a c," and we shook to make the deal final. I proceed to get out the correct paperwork to prove that Lukas is in fact spelt with a 'k'. I am now up $4,000! He went back to the store and bought a new baseball.
May 9, 2008
An unfortunate day for Mitch, as he continued to dig deeper.
Let me set the scene for you.
Little Nelson family driving in "peeker" (my old honda accord that has roll up windows, remember those!?!) Mitch & Katie in front, Bryn & Luke in back.
Mitch: "Oh my heck!"
Mitch: "I probably shouldn't use that word (heck) around Bryn.'
Katie: "Yeah, good idea. Also, I don't want you to use the word t-u-r-d."
Mitch: "It's t-e-r-d."
(we are spelling it out so Bryn won't hear)
Mitch:" Double or nothing it is t-e-r-d."
Katie: "I don't want to loose it all if I am wrong, so I will bet $1,000."
We shook, and then I quickly called Briar for the needed information. She revealed that Katie is correct, once again!
I am currently up $5,000! Part of the deal is that I can spend the money on whatever I want, and he has no say.

The problem...
Mitch: "I can't pay you. I am bankrupt. I will pay you pennies on the dollar, and we can settle tonight."
Katie: "Wrong. You can pay, and you will. You are a man of integrity and you have to keep your word. If you don't pay by June of '08, I will start charging interest."

I am really looking forward to June!
Do you think I will see the money??? Let me know your thoughts.

18 happy thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so blog worthy. How funny is that. Jeff and I always make bets, but there is never a dollar amount because let's be honest he makes the money and I spend it. Oh but all the things you could buy with $5000. I'm going to bet he sweeps you off your feet with an all expense paid vacation with your girlfriends or maybe a romantic getaway for two to New York for a little shopping. maybe you need to go to Mexico, your dollar will go further there. Anyway--thanks for posting. That is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Oh, he so needs to pay you!! A deal is a deal, right?

Lesa Hough said...

I got some good laughs on this one. You are so funny! You go girl!

Rusti said...

That's hilarious! I'm loving the contacts! And it's given me a new idea on making more money.... ;)

swensen squeeze said...

I love it! Dan and I are always making bets - but is usually a massage or a foot message - anyway, I always lose! But I love that you have it in writing! You are too funny! You better get your money!

Suzie said...

Katie, I think that it would be money well spent if you came out to see me in Samoa! That would only cost like 1/5 of your money! You could even bring Mitch along. The beaches there are unreal. Think about it...

Kate Rosenvall said...

I LOVE IT!! I am lauging so hard right now. There is nothing better than making bets with the hubby and winning!! It doesn't happen a lot with me (winning that is), but when I do...it's a sweet victory :)
Thanks so much for letting us drop by so unexpected. It was fun visiting with you. Let's get together again SOON!
Sure love ya!

Gertge Family said...

That is Hillarious! I really hope you get you $$! We have done that a few times, & some how my hubby never pays.
What are you gonna buy??

Laura said...

You are too funny! When we make bets, it is usually for whatever change is in our pockets. You have inspired me to up the ante. I know how you can settle with Mitch... tell him that he can do the entire yard himself while you sit on the porch sipping a lemonade. Not doing a yard is well worth $5K to me!

Amylee said...

This is hil-a-ri-ous. Just last night Dallas and I bet over what we paid for our house. I think I'm going to start making him pay up as well. I hope you get it! We can do some shoppin'!

Katie said...

This is great! What are you going to do with all that money?!! I need to start doing this with Kirk!

Allen Family said...

hmmm..having witnessed the back and forth between you two in person and questioning Mitch when you left the room, I'm thinking you're going to have to turn up the pressure to actually see the dough!

Tim and Laura Allen said...

That's funny. I'll have to remember to bet $ next time tim thinks he's right. we always bet in back rubs, and i usually win.

Jamie said...

Katie, I love this post but my favorite thing on you blog right now is Bryn's prayer. That is so sweet, she has such a great personality!

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

I hope you get the money, Katie. Let me know if you need help spending it! : )

Laura said...

I am laughing over Bryn's prayer... those are the kinds of prayers that we get from Anna. It is funny on Sunday to see what she has to say about nursery... "Thank you that the babies in nursery changed their poopy diapers..." "Thank you that Bryn played kitchen with me..."

the bybee's said...

You make sure he pays. Hey if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen, Right?

Miles Family said...

Katie you are making me laugh so hard right now. I love how you and Mitch bet on everything. I think I should try that with Scott. He really wants to buy a gun and I am SO against it. Maybe I can get a few thousand out of him.
I miss you!