Sunday, June 01, 2008

May 31st + Family Vacation= Happiness




Well, we got wild & crazy this year and went all the way to Farmington for a fun-filled day at Lagoon. Listed below are a few of the highlights.

*Spending the day together as a fam.
*Kids thoroughly enjoying themselves on the kiddie rides.
*M & K thoroughly enjoying watching them.
*Surviving the freezing cold water at Lagoona Beach.
*Running into my friend Katie Y.(wish we found you sooner).

*Watching Bryn make best-friends with whoever was in line next to her.
*Very happy children (despite the fact Luke had an ear infection we didn't find out about until the next day).
*Beautiful weather.
*Beautiful weather.
*Oh ya, beautiful weather.

My definition of...
Amusement Park (n): A type of park filled with very amusing people. This lists includes, but is not limited to, various conditions within the park. Love birds, fighting families, mohawks, piercings, tattoos, hair-do's (do not's), young teenagers groping each other (yikes), and some remarkable attire.

On our drive home we were discussing some of the fun things we saw, and Mitch followed it up with, "but I can't say too much, because I remember running around there years ago with my orange mohawk." Wow, wish I had picture of that!

17 happy thoughts:

Marcae said...

I LOVE Lagoon! It looks like you guys had a fabulous time. I bet the rides were fun, but people watching was even better :)
Way to go on the re-negotiating! It seems that you still came out on top! Way to go!

Laura said...

Sounds like you guys had a great day! Brynn came and told us before Sacrament meeting, "my baby took my mom to the doctor 'cause he was soooooo sick." Then she didn't want to go sit with Mitch and kept saying that she wanted to sit with Anna. It was so cute. Hopefully Luke gets better soon! We need to have Brynn over to play now that the baptism is over with.

Anonymous said...

I was just telling Jeff the other day that our kids would have so much fun at Lagoon. He thinks he's too good for it, but we'll get him to come around. I love that you guys do something fun every friday. We need to start that tradition. By the way--did you survive the 120 minutes of pure running satisfaction yesterday. I did it late late last night and coupled with fast Sunday today it was not a pretty picture, but I survived. Hope yours went well.

Keysha said...

Lagoon. Sounds like it's the same "interesting place." (I enjoy watching people as much as I do the rides).

I just read down on your blog about your post to your Dad. I loved it! You are such a great daughter, and that was the cutest poem. Dad's are amazing, and I hope I don't take mine for granted.

p.s. how's your training for the Ragnar? YIKES!

Emily said...

Yay! I can't wait for our stake Lagoon Day this month!
People watching over there is definitely part of the whole Lagoon experience. haha

Katie said...

It was so funny to see you standing in line for the kiddie roller coaster! It was so great to see you! I'm glad you had such a fun day. We had a great time!

swensen squeeze said...

We are going to be venturing up there at the end of this month! Love the pictures - looks like you had a great time! I too wish you had a picture of the orange mohawk!

Pete and Mare said...

Hi Katie,
It looks like you guys had a great time together at Lagoon! Always great to visit with family and always great to see our children smiling! Thanks!
I was reading your post on your Dad. Thank you for sharing. Over time I have been blessed to hear your story in person, at church, to now to read your blog, and I can’t express how much your story has effected me. You help me remember to never take life’s most amazing treasures for granted. Also, thank goodness we will have tomorrow with our loved ones! Thank you for your testimony. I treasure you, I treasure your friendship and I am so thankful that you are my visiting teaching companion. Every time I see the R.S. sisters with those little v.t. assignment papers my heart skips a beat and I hope for one more month to serve with you. Thanks Katie!
Love & blessings,
Marilee

the bybee's said...

I love Lagoon too! I'm so sad you didn't stop by. It sound like you had a lot of fun. Oh, and yea totally agree on the freezing water at lagoon-a-beach, and it never warms up. It is ice cold all year.

Jamie said...

So I hope you waved to the Palmer's from the ferris wheel! My fam is oh so close to Lagoon, they have a great walking/biking trail that takes you by all the animals. Oh the benefits of a nearby amusement park :) What a fun trip, great pictures. I love the one of them in the boat!

sue said...

Oh - I HATE Lagoon! :\ But Wyatt's already asking when we are going. Why oh why did we have to go to Stake Lagoon Day last year? The kid remembers everything....

:) Glad you guys had fun. Its always a good time when the kids are happy, right? :)

Amylee said...

FUN! It brings back memories of when I used to work there. Good times. Really. Work is easy when you do nothing but flirt with your supervisor in the back ;o). I can't wait to take Will.

BRIAR said...

Jealous! Your family is growing up too fast!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! You should have told me, we could have met up!! We do need to see eachother again sometime!!

Tiffany said...

I would never dare to take my kids right now because they are so young but you looked like you had a great time. Maybe I should consider the venture.

Lesa Hough said...

We just did the Lagoon thing too. Fun memories for everyone...right? Fun memory for the kids to keep and it brings back memories for the rest of us :-)

Young People in Love said...

I actually wrote a post last year after going to disneyworld and how curious amusement parks are. there seems to be a ginormous neon sign somewhere that reads "are you kinda freaky and/or half-naked? free admission!" i've never seen such a sign but i'm convinced it exists. crazy people watching is one of the best attractions these parks have to offer, no?