Friday, June 06, 2008

This week's guilty indulgence...

Cookie Dough

Wednesday evening I made a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough with NO intention of actually making any cookies. It's all about the dough. I make, I eat it, I freeze it, I eat it. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, you name it...I've had cookie dough for all of these meals. 
It's the recipe on back of the quaker oats lid, and I substitute raisins for chocolate chips (of course). 
How many of you have shared a guilty indulgence like this? I want to hear about it, so that I don't have to feel so guilty!

17 happy thoughts:

Amylee said...

When I was down at SUU I made a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. (My VERY favorite). I ate the entire cake by myself that day. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My brother James came down the next day and found out about it and passed the news to my parents. The next time I came home I was sent back to school with a box full of "healthy" food. (I wasn't starving, it was just what I wanted!)

Laura said...

Oh My Goodness Katie-- I do the exact same thing! I double a recipe of cookies and only cook half the batch. Then I eat the dough all day long, a spoonful at a time, for a few days. I am a closet cookie dough eater too... I make sure no one is watching when I sneak off to the fridge to indulge. The raw eggs in it doesn't even bother me... I think I need Cookie Dough Eaters Anonymous...

Anonymous said...

All that running you deserve a little guilty pleasure. Good luck tomorrow with the three runs in one day. Brutal.

Allen Family said...

Who doesn't down cookie dough at every opportunity?! Certainly not Scott and me! :-)

Pete and Mare said...

I just started doing this recently, since the Young Men fundraiser, when I bought 2 big tubs of frozen cookie dough from our neighbor Kelleen Potter. I baked up 1 batch and slowly ate away at the other frozen batch over the next week. Since then each time we make one of our favorite cookie recopies I put half in the freezer for us to bake later, or most likely for us to just eat later on. So, since then, I have been curious if anyone else ever did this.

Linsey said...

I like to eat the frosting off of a cupcake, and then eat it off again. It is very simple, frost, eat, repeat. :)

sue said...

Yummy! (Except for the swapping chocolate w/raisins part.)

My weakness is homemade ice cream. I make it WAY too much and eat WAY too much of it when I do. :)

Marcae said...

Uhhh...I can't even make it to the cookies before I have the whole bag of chocolate chips gone. Yes, I think I can make the Guinness Book of World Records for record time of downing a bag of chocolate chips. I don't call it a guilty pleasure....I call it an addiction :)

camille said...

where's my invite to the cookie dough party? Although not sure I would eat it in my current state (raw eggs) but I know how to substitute the eggs anyway, so next time you are making cookie dough CALL ME! My favorite is actually ginger snap cookie dough...

Anonymous said...

My guilty indulgence is No Bake Cookies! The chocolate kind with oats and peanut butter. YUM! They are especially good late at night! I love them when they are still warm and haven't cooled into a cookie yet. Just thinking about it makes me hungry....I think I'll make some tonight!

Rusti said...

Oh, yes! The dough is often time much more delicious that the cookies. Why is that?

BTW- Sorry I've been out of touch. Computer issues. I would love to try again in the fall. I'm going to see what I can work out.

swensen squeeze said...

I wish I could eat that stuff and not feel guilty about it!

The Elliott's said...

Katie,

I love cookie dough. I buy it pre made and eat it straight from the package, not making one single cookie. Also ice cream I have 3 cartons in my fridge right now. every night I make milkshakes.

Brady and Karen said...

Why are you doing three runs in one day?

Hmm...I try to keep all guilty pleasures out of my house. Brady and I go out for treats now. Ice cream disappears in record time if it hits our freezer--one spoonful at a time.

Tim and Laura Allen said...

I love the cookie dough thing too. but on really stressful days i love chocolate chips and pretzels...my fave!!

katrina berg said...

katie, i read this last week & really wanted to make some dough...maybe this week :).

Young People in Love said...

we are totally kindred spirits! i make oatmeal raisin cookie dough (the best!) just to eat the dough which i always find tastes infinitely better than the actual baked cookies! twins!