Friday, June 13, 2008

Welcoming a new memeber of the family...




...the helmet. Lukas has dealt with torticollis (neck muscle issues) since he was a baby. Despite our attempt with physical therapy and repositional therapy at night, his head was flattened on one side. His neck is much stronger now, and we are working to correct his head shape.
He has to wear it 23 hours a day for 3-4 months.
The helmet joined our family yesterday, and everyone adjusted really well.
*Luke doesn't mind it at all!
*Bryn felt left out and had to have a helmet of her own.
*Mom & Dad are so relieved it doesn't bother him, and they think he looks cute.
*The kids at Target stared and pulled funny faces, very entertaining!
*The parent's of the kids at Target were overly nice, so funny.
All in all, it has been great!

14 happy thoughts:

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

I am so glad that Lukas doesn't mind the helmet. He looks so adorable!

And, I love Bryn's helmet, too. I'm glad she's all stocked up in the helmet department and is no longer feeling left out!

Gertge Family said...

My friends little girl had to wear the "helmet" also. It really helped alot. She hated it, so it's great that he doesn't mind it! Your kids are so so cute!!

Laura said...

I'm glad it doesn't bother him! The time will go by fast and he will be done with it before you know it. Bryn looks cute in her helmet. Anna wears her bike helmet around for hours at a time. I'm thinking it must be a security thing for her...

Allen Family said...

Helmet looks good! And nice facial expression on Mitch--he is thrilled to have his pic taken! :-)

Cooper wants a play date w/ Bryn soon. Wanna come play?

Tiffany said...

Love the helmet!! You will be glad you did it and surprised how little Luke cares about it. And I love how the older sisters try to be like the brothers when getting attention. Faith does that all the time!

swensen squeeze said...

I am glad that Lukas doesn't mind the helmet! That is a long time to wear - 23 hours? poor kid! Glad that you are in good spirits about it!

katrina berg said...

What a super brave boy! Aren't you just amazed sometimes at how incredible your kids are? luvs!

Emily said...

He looks so cute - helmet and all! Glad that he doesn't mind it!

Pete and Mare said...

My friend's little boy and girl had to wear the helment. I'm so glad that Lukas doesn't mind wearing it. It will be worth it. He looks so adorable! Bryn is so cute too!

Amylee said...

Go Lukas! It's too bad he can't wear it during winter so that he could keep that little head warm. He's still so cute. I had to laugh during church because no matter what those doctors try to do to our little ones- it can't take away from their cuteness.

Marcae said...

I must admit that little Lukas does look very handsome with his new helmet.

It was fun running into you guys in Costco. Hey, let us know when we can come up and Bryan can help with the sprinklers.

Katie said...

Your kids are just so dang cute. I think the helmet looks great on him! I love the fact that Bryn wants to wear one too.

Isn't the big run this weekend? Good luck! You'll do great! We will have to celebrate after you are all rested!

camille said...

I think it's so funny the reactions you get from people...when Caroline was in her casts, I got a million different reactions and the best were the pity looks from the parents...or maybe the "you broke your baby" look...I'm happy it's going well!!!

Anonymous said...

At least it doesn't bother him, right? Thanks again for inviting me to run! YOu are so nice to think of me!