Monday, June 23, 2008

Loved It!!!











Happy to report that I am alive. Sore, but still alive.

Our team -Girls Just Want To Run- had 12 runners, and we were split into 2 vans. Our van was appropriately named the "party van." Let's be honest...I was more about the party of it all than I was the run. Props to all my "Janye's" you girls were amazing. I was so inspired by you! Jami Shaw did the "Ragnar" (the hardest run), and she was unbelievable!

Highlights..
*dressing up in 80's gear
*non-sop 80's music
*middle of the night run
*plenty girl talk
*some talk that was not-so-girly
*spending time with Susan before she moves to Samoa
*dancing during part of my run to entertain my van
*walk down memory lane @ WHS
*cheering on amazing teammates
*beautiful scenery
*serious bonding time
*laughing & crying together
*watching teammates accomplish so much!
*finishing

Lowlights...
*only 2 hrs of sleep
*walking most of my last leg (that would be the 3rd leg kristin)
*trying to coordinate everything
*watching teammates experience pain

It was amazing! Glad I did it, glad it's over...until next year!

16 happy thoughts:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Shaw's said...

Katie,
You are an ANIMAL!! You did so awesome this weekend and you should be so proud of yourself. I had such a blast. Thank you so much for helping me to get on the team and for all of your hard work in coordinating everything. Thank you for making our van so much fun! I will never forget this race!!! WE DID IT!!!!

Jami

Amylee said...

I made sure that you were still alive on Sunday. I'm so glad you wore leg warmers! You seriously make me want to do this next year.

Gertge Family said...

Way to go! I'm WaY Impressed!! & i love the gear!

KEYSHA said...

Look at your snazzy outfits! Sounds like you had a great time---but who couldn't with you in their van! (I'm sure there were lots of laughs!)

Good job on making it through the event! What an accomplishment.

Pete and Mare said...

So happy you went and so glad you had fun! Pete firm did this run too, all guys so there is no way they had as much fun! jk

swensen squeeze said...

I am so proud of you! I love the pics of the eighty's gear! Looks like a great accomplishment!

Laura said...

I'm glad you had so much fun! Some friends of mine are thinking of putting a team together for next year and asked me if I was interested. I have never been a runner so I guess it is time to start! BTW, Great leg warmers!

Tiffany said...

Looks like you had such a great time!! Doesn't surprise me that you made it a party. You bring the party everywhere you go with your enthusiasm and sunny personality.

Rusti said...

Those are some spiffy legwarmes lady! I'm thinking you should incorporate them in your regular wardrobe. :)

Looks like it was a ton of fun! If I ran, I'd want to run with you girls.

sue said...

HEE HEE - Katie THAT looks like a good time! You guys look so cute - love the theme! :)

Congratulations! What an awesome accomplishment! Way to go!

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Woo hoo! I'm so glad you did this; you looked positively smashing in your leg warmers.

Katie said...

You did it! Congratulations to you and your team! Looks like a party!

Young People in Love said...

wowzas! this looks like an EPIC GNO on the run! (get it? get it? hehe)

seriously though- SO adorable/great/rad. i generally find that those three adjectives automatically accompany anything where leg warmers are involved to such a great extent.

Marcae said...

You guys ROCK! It looks like you guys had so much fun. I am totally jealous. I am in it for sure next year...count me in....leg warmers and all!