Thursday, August 28, 2008

little things

I have debated on and off all day whether or not to post this, but in the end I couldn't resist.

A day of surprise, food, fun and most importantly...reflection.
While in the temple today I reflected on the past 29 years of my life. To say the least, I have been abundantly blessed. There are no words to adequately express my feelings toward my greatest blessings- Mitch, Bryn & Luke. To put it mildly, I am insanely in love with them.

There are millions of billions of reasons I love Mitch, but it's the little things I love about him the most. The way he makes me feel, the way he makes me laugh, the way he interacts with our kids, the way he believes in me, his silliness, his thoughtfulness, his uniqueness, his desire to do what is right, and on and on and on. As you can see, I need no additional reasons to be in love with this boy. So I ask myself, why does he go to these extremes? The surprise itself was great, but what impresses me the most is all the little things he did to pull it off. He planned/prepared for months, and it went perfectly. Now I'm wishing my reaction could have been recorded. 



-thank you love-

16 happy thoughts:

Allen Family said...

With the big red bow and everything--like you've always dreamed of! Mitch is definitely one of a kind and I can vouch for his 'little thoughtfulness' ways. Impressive and deserved!

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Where did he find a bow that big?! That is so adorable. Mitch is definitely one of my all-time faves, I've loved watching the two of you together since the day you met. You're two of a kind.

I hope you had a very lovely birthday. Sure love ya.

the bybee's said...

I love the bow. I am glad you posted the picture.

hi! my name is Lora. said...

yes, please adopt me. thank you. i love new random friends. someday when i get a list on the side of my blog, you will be on it.

wonderful husband. beautiful life.

happy birthday.

Laura said...

Congrats on the new car! That will come in handy this winter I'm sure! Um, is that your HUGE trailer on the side of your house? When are we going camping? You bring that trailer and we'll bring the boat!

Laura said...

Yeah, I figured it wasn't yours... I don't see you as the type to have a huge, over the top, 5th wheel trailer... plus, if you are like me, I would much rather save the money and stay in a hotel (or tent!) if I go anywhere...

Katie said...

Glad you had such a wonderful birthday! I'm so glad you got the car you have wanted--you deserve it! We need to celebreate!

Miles Family said...

I'm so happy for you! You desrve this car more than anyone. I can't wait to go for a ride. Happy Birthday!

Gertge Family said...

YEA!! for you!!
That is so awesome. How Fun!

Can I just say that your garage floor looks like you could eat off it? I'm impressed!

Marcae said...

Mitch, you have really out-done yourself. I mean, not only the car, but look at that immaculate garage? Katie, I'm so glad you had a great birthday....you truly deserve it. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Just like those commercials you see on tv! I didn't know that people really did that - way to go Mitch! And a Happy Happy Birthday to you, darling girl! It sounds like it was a good one!

Lesa Hough said...

Lucky girl...you deserve it!

Jamie said...

SAWEEET! That is so great, it's right out of a movie! I hope you had a fabulous b-day!

camille said...

ok, that's not a little thing, what are you talking about? That's like the Mercedes commercial at Christmastime that I've threatened Jonny with his life over. I couldn't handle a surprise like that....I'm too much in control of things. But Happy Birthday and sorry I haven't called you!

katrina berg said...

Happy birthday beautiful...what a wonderful surprise!

sue said...

WHOA! You deserve it, Katie. The new wheels and the beautiful life you've created for yourself. Enjoy!