Monday, November 09, 2009

all tricks, no treats

Recipe for kid's Halloween candy

From: Our children
Serves: 2 (mitch & katie)

You will need:
Candy collectors (aka children)
2 wise parents
1 large basket
No guilty conscience

How to create:
1- Allow your children to obtain and indulge in the candy on Halloween.
2-Tuck them into bed with "candy-aches" (bryn's words).
3-Get rid of ALL the evidence. Combine above ingredients from their trick-or-treat pumpkins/bags into a large basket, then hide the basket.
4- Sift through the candy when the children aren't looking, eat it and hide the wrappers.
5- Let cool, or look cool. Act like nothing is out of the ordinary when you are chewing their candy throughout the following weeks.
Enjoy!

Disclosure: It's all out of love. I would rather give cavities to myself, than my children.

6 happy thoughts:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Love it! Gavyn ate his candy for about 3 days after, (I let him have 5 pieces each day) and by the third day he said, " Mom, I don't want anymore candy. I really don't want cavities!" I laughed so hard, so we have a big bowl high up in the cupboard that Burke and I sneak into too!

camille said...

the Halloween candy that Caroline worked SO HARD for....is used for bribery at our house and she gets 1 or 2 a day and about a handful goes into the garbage so it will disappear faster. Don't worry, I took my favorites out first :)

Shawn and Cami and Max and Annie said...

First I found you on Facebook and now I see you here. Wonderful!! Now we can follow your cute little face wherever it goes! Keep up the good work!

Amylee said...

I must say, it is very convenient that Will's loves smarties and hates candy bars. I love you, Halloween.

Marcae said...

This is my favorite recipe.

Cathy said...

Hi we miss you--cute post! After the Wagner kids layed everything out and traded etc for about two hours after trick or treating then some would spend the next few days eating their loot and I would find entire bags never touched months later--it would make me totally crack up to know that me--Cathy Candy Cochran had children that didn't eat candy!!