Saturday, February 13, 2010

my olympic favorites...

Torah Bright & Shaun White
When we lived in the "big city" we rented our basement to our favorite Australian friends...Torah, her Mom & little sis.
What a beautiful family!
Torah & her Dad.
Love this pic.

Shaun White...my brother
(who probably doesn't even remember me).
He had a difficult time falling asleep in our guest room, b/c my porcelain doll collection freaked him out. Nevermind gravity-defying tricks in the halfpipe, he can't even handle a few little dolls that stare him down throughout the night.
Good luck guys!

12 happy thoughts:

Young People in Love said...

WAIT- did Shaun White REEEEALLY live in your basement???!

Nelson said...

No, not Shaun. Just Torah. Shaun just came by to visit her every once in a while. I was just saying those two are my favorite olympians.

Brittani said...

that story of the dolls is hysterical.

Anonymous said...

Love the hair shot!!! I was laughing hysterically about the dolls! Do you still have your collection? I may or may not have D.I.ed my collection of like 20 dolls when we moved. If I was thinking I could have sold them on Ebay! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I think he really is your long lost brother! :) Soo glad you came to bookclub...come again! I miss seeing you! xoxo, katrina

Unknown said...

so cool!!!

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Love it! I especially love the photo of you and Shaun. And I love that he won another gold medal!

DS said...

That is great - love it - he's the best. What a fun photo!!

Katie said...

your friends did awesome!

Blake and Jenn said...

How lucky are you!! To know both the men's and women's gold medalists in halfpipe boarding! I watched both of them and was so proud of Torah! Although I'm sure she doesn't remember me, it's fun to know someone in the Olympics and see them succeed!

Miles Family said...

WOW! I remember when Tora lived in your house. You are famous now! I thought of you when I saw her win the gold. Knowing you knowing Tora is as close as I will get to knowing someone famous :)

Jaime said...

Wow, that's awesome. I missed this post of yours. They were awesome to watch.