Friday, February 05, 2010

if you're not early...

you're late.

According to my guy.
He firmly believes that if you are not early, you are late. Before we had kids we would sometimes show up at church 1/2 hr early and just sit there. I can't think of this without laughing. Today he was off to work, which is approximately 2 minutes away. He has to make sure to leave 15 minutes early to get there "on time." Mind you, there is absolutely no traffic. He just has to be there early.
I am certain he doesn't approve of me posting about his idiosyncrasies, but I can't help myself.

4 happy thoughts:

Amylee said...

Ha ha ha! My family runs on "Wilson Standard Time" which means we are a half hour late to everything.

Anonymous said...

I smiled when I read this. I can totally relate, except with it being me! Example, last Friday...haha. I finally realized last week that I didn't need to leave 30 minutes early to take Gavyn to preschool when it is only 18 minutes away.....Yes, it has been hard for me. I am the same with airports, church, and going to friends homes for playdates.

Anastasia said...

haha half an hour early to church??? wow! I don't think I've ever been early to church by more then 3 minutes max!!!

camille said...

Oh, I am so with Mitch on that. Jonny has just gotten used to it. I was raised that way. If you aren't 15 min. early, then you are late! I'll have you know we have walked into church late only ONCE since my babies were born and I was mortified.