Monday, February 01, 2010

dishwasher

The dishwasher. Was it created to do all the cleaning, share the cleaning effort, or simply sanitize?

Curious to know your prewash method.
Options:
1-All the cleaning. Put everything directly in the dishwasher w/out rinsing it off first.
2-Share the cleaning effort. Quick semi rinse of dish, then put it in.
3-Simply sanitize. Rinse every single dish and utensil thoroughly before putting it in.

I realize that some may not have a dishwasher right now, so just answer what you think you'll do when you get a dishwasher.

9 happy thoughts:

Laura said...

Definitely share the cleaning effort. Maybe someday when I have a Bosch dishwasher I will make it do all the cleaning but my little GE dishwasher will only share.

Anonymous said...

Our old home's dishwasher was only used to sanitize, if that. In fact sometimes the dishes would be dirtier coming out than going in. Our current dishwasher is great enough to actually clean the dishes if I put them straight in, but I like to soak them in the sink first and then put them in.

Katie said...

I wish mine would share a bit, but for now I get to do most of the work!

Heidi said...

When I am fortunate enough to have a dishwasher, I like to think it will be capable to do ALL the work! (only occasional rinsing if absolutely necessary)

Amylee said...

Was that last comment directed toward me? Just curious :)
I'm a sanitize kind of gal! Unless I'm in a hurry...

Jason and Andrea Wilcock said...

Sanitize only...not because I don't trust my dishwasher...I guess I just have a certain way I like to do everything. Jason, on the other hand, uses it to clean everything or sometimes, share the effort. I'm too much of a germ-a-phobe.

We need to get our families together. Let's take the kiddos out for ice cream sometime...or we are still up for Zupas!

Noonan Family said...

I say let the dishwasher do the work, I rinse before putting them in. But that's all!

Nelson said...

Good to know, good to know. I fall in the simply sanitize category.

Anastasia said...

Sad story: my apartment is dish washerless :(