Monday, July 05, 2010

conquered the world

or in other people's words...ran the Wasatch Back!
It was my 2nd time and it was a-mazing. I loved it. In fact, I had such a great time that I forgot to take many pictures. For me it is more about the party and less about the run. I did accomplish my own personal goal (all running and no walking, even on the steep hills), but I'm not sure if that's saying much?
Our team name was Footloose Friends and it consisted of a bunch of girls from my "hood."

Me & Darcy (our amazing team captain)

Yes, you have that right. I am wearing nice 80's reflective glasses, a charm necklace, and a special twist to my shirt. Oh how I love the 80's!!
Favorite part = blasting the music and dancing for teammates as they ran by.
Least favorite part = 5:00am with no sleep and the thought entering my mind, "why am I doing this?"
By the time my last run was finished the thought had escaped.
Goodbye Wastach Back, but not forever.

4 happy thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I am SUPER impressed!!! I never could have ran the whole thing. LOVE LOVE LOVE your charm necklace. AWESOME.

Sam and Darcy said...

You are right Katie. It was AMAZING! It will be hard to match this one. I loved having you on the team. Looking forward to another year...who knows when.

Blake and Jenn said...

That's awesome. I had never heard of this race until this year, a few of my friends ran it. I'm no where near in shape for it, but I think I might try and do it next year...maybe!
Congrats! I really think it's remarkable!!

Amylee said...

2012 is going to rock our socks. We WILL be in the same van :).