Friday, August 22, 2008

horrible habit


It starts off innocently.
I simply think, you've worked hard today, you deserve a bowl of cereal before bed. Next thing I know, I am pouring yet another bowl. Last Tuesday evening it got worse, I went for a 3rd bowl and went to bed sick! What is wrong with me? This is such a horrible habit! Happy to report that last night was just one bowl.
Does anyone else share this habit, or something like it? Please confess to me, it will make me feel better.
Kristi, I heard the Raisin Bran in your mouth as we were talking last night at 10:30pm...so you better admit.

15 happy thoughts:

Laura said...

I have that exact bag of cereal sitting right next to me. Abby just grabbed it out of the pantry and handed it to me :) When I was pregnant I would have a bowl (or two... or three) of cereal before bed every night just to make it through the night without starving.

The Shaw's said...

Don't worry that I eat ice cream every night before I go to bed. And if I don't have ice cream I have cereal and if I don't have that I have anything else I can find. I have such a bad habit of eating before bed. Every monday I say OK a new week I am not going to eat before bed. It never works. Oh well!! It is always soooooooo YUMMY!!! Anyway, I am still soooooooooooooooooooo sad that you are not doing Joy School. I think that you should change your mind because Tragun asks me every time we talk about Joy School if you are going to be one of his teachers. Hope you guys are well. We need to hang out! Talk to you soon.

Jami

Laura said...

Are you sure you aren't pregnant? ;)

It's probably all your running. You are burning too many calories and you body needs to compensate somehow. What better way to fill up on calories than a few bowls of yummy sugary cereal!

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

That blog entry just made my whole day. It totally reminded me of when we were all roommates and you just bought a new box of cinnamon life. We opened it and dumped most of it into a bowl so you would think that we totally ate the whole box. You were so mad and us and when we started laughing you were just getting madder. I think that was the only time I ever saw you mad. I love that you still have this intense love for cereal. It does my heart good.

Nelson said...

Me? Mad? Never. Well, unless you just stole my cereal! I was such a nerd. How did you guys ever put up with me and my silly obsession with food?

the bybee's said...

My Raisin Bran was very yummy last night, thanks for noticing.

Gertge Family said...

Ha Ha! I love it!
What is it with cereal? It's like the best food ever invented. Sadly my kids ask for it every night for dinner...& if my hubby's in charge that's what they get!!
Kenny eats an entire box every night! I'm Not kidding!

Really, there's worse things you could be eating!!

camille said...

I'm a nocturnal cereal eater, but only when I'm pregnant. With Caroline it was Froot Loops every night and this time my cereal of choice is Reese's puffs. Yeah, too bad I crave the SUGARY stuff. After the pregnancy, I don't touch it again. Weird....

Amylee said...

Ha! I'm actually on a "diet". I go to bed with a belly ache if I eat late, so I don't eat after 8 PM. (That's my diet). Dallas has a cup of milk and oreos nearly every night during the 10 PM news.

Jamie said...

Why is this a horrible habit Katie Ellen? It's not like you are eating deep fried twinkies. I think you should try and break your record of 3 bowls, let's double it! Can't wait to see you!

Adri said...

Crispix taste so much better at 11:00pm. No question.

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

Katie, please don't apologize like that. It is truly one of my funnest memories! You were not a dork, you were awesome.

kto1s said...

So glad you left a comment, Katie! We had a family gathering of 60+ people over a few weeks ago and they all kept asking if we had chosen paint colors, moldings, etc and I proudly gave The Nelson's credit. We love you guys because you loved & made this home so beautiful and we've been directly blessed because of your hard work!

We recently parted ways with the lovely "church partition" doors, dry walled the wall down the stairs and the east bedroom and just finished up painting. Don't worry, the flamingo mirror is still proudly still on it's perch;) Stop by anytime! We may just run into you (& the 1,000s of other people!)if you're headed to Swiss Days this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I just polished off a giant bowl of chocolate chex at 11:30 pm! Cereal is the BEST late night snack!

Allen Family said...

ah, two words: Bob's Brainfreeze.