Tuesday, August 05, 2008

my favorite skater

props to you my love!There he goes again, shying away from attention.

Thanks to the guy under the hat (and some other people), this small town now has a skatepark. He has been extremely involved throughout the entire process as a member of the "skate committee." It's been amazing to watch his dream become a reality.

The dig...

...looks like something...

...a skatepark.
i love the view behind it

To put it mildly, he's loving it.
I'm loving watching him.
Come visit us, bring your deck, and get your skate on.

11 happy thoughts:

Laura said...

Justin said he is going to practice on his skateboard "for a few years" so he can go hang out at the skate park when he is older. I'm glad it is finished! I always felt so bad for the kids using that equipment in the parking lot with all of us soccer moms walking through it all the time.

Amylee said...

I love it, too! I really liked watching him the other day. It's nice to know someone "famous".

Katie said...

You guys are amazing! You are always involved in something big! Congratulations and good work! We'd love to come watch Mitch skate!

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Mitch is my hero. Is there anything he can't do?

Unfortunately for me the only "deck" I'm familiar with usually involves a chaise lounge and fruity drink. I would be more than happy to trek to Heber to watch Mitch and his sweet skateboarding tricks, though.

Emily said...

That is SO amazing!! WTG Mitch!

Anonymous said...

Wow! HE seems so accomplishing! That is awesome! Hey is the Jack Johnson concert on MOnday the 18th?
Is it sold out? I think it might work out! LEt me know if you have any details!! It woudl be fun to see you again!

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

This is so awesome that he was able to help design a skate park. How fun. Anyway, I hope you guys are all doing good and maybe someday I will be in Heber. You never know!

the bybee's said...

Way to go Mitch!!!!

swensen squeeze said...

Nice Mitch! I would like to see him get his skateboard groove on!

Marcae said...

I'm so glad we got to see this first-hand. All the hard work paid off. Now I just need some gear and some lessons!
Way to go Mitch!

Tiffany said...

Looks like a perfect project for Mitch and I bet he is a fantastic skater since the elements are so similar to snow boarding. Looks like fun.
T