Saturday, August 14, 2010

update on "the smokes"

Typically when you are struggling with an addiction your friends will support you and help you quit. Not my friends. In fact, they feed the addiction. Last month I was teaching Love & Logic in Riverton and on the last night of my class I was welcomed with these. Count them, five packages of chocolate licorice (aka pure love)! Thank you Chris & Michell Noonon. I love you. They didn't even last one entire week.
Then my need for speed got me in trouble. I told my friend Jami how down I was feeling about my citation and she later stopped by with a package to cheer me up. They too are gone. Didn't even last 24 hrs.
So as an update. I'm just not doing very well, yet somehow I remain happy. Very happy. Even though my friends aren't as supportive as they should be, I still love them.

7 happy thoughts:

Noonan Family said...

Oh Katie, We just wanted to give you as much joy as you have given us through L&L! We would support you if we really thought you WANTED or NEEDED to give this up.

Anonymous said...

I really love that you are still addicted. I love choc. twizzlers, haven't had them for a while. Makes me want to take a road trip and get them.

Pugmire family said...

I have struggled with this! I have a constant battle in my mind (should I support?, or tease?)
I cant tell you how many times I have been at the grocery store and thought...I wonder if I should get Katie some smokes...so should I?

swensen squeeze said...

Looks like you need to move back here...we would be very supportive...maybe eat them for you!!:)

Amanda said...

Just glad you're happy!! I am in the non-supportive category because you deserve them!!

hi! my name is Lora. said...

hey, our aunt, uncle and cousins live in riverton. small world!!

thanks for your comments on my recent posts...yah, my hair in that one picture...don't be fooled. i had it it done earlier that day. it NEVER looks that good when i do it.

Allen Family said...

I was talking to a friend today about your L&L courses. She's interested in taking. Maybe I'll do a refresher w/ her! Always a good reason to see more of you (and improve my stellar parenting)! :-)

I'll support your "habit" any time.